Each client is unique so I employ an iterative and adaptable design process that fits within my client’s methodology whether it be lean/agile, scrum or waterfall. Each process varies depending on the service required from me, which includes, UXD, UID and IXD for both web and mobile apps. The following is a more detailed list of my skills:
- Conducting business and user research via interviews and workshops, uncovering problem areas and viable solutions.
- Conducting competitive research via a comparative analysis of products in the same space or in adjacent industries.
- Exploring/analysing existing system patterns to see how they can be best integrated into the final solution.
- Creating value propositions as positioning statements to better align business goals with actual user/customer needs.
UX Research Synthesis
- Creating user personas to outline key users along with their pain points and goals.
- Creating user storyboards to show a top level overview of how each user would use the product to fulfil their main goal.
- Breaking down user storyboards into smaller more detailed stories and epics, so as to better define the product requirements.
- Creating user activity task flows based on each user story, to outline the type of system related tasks each user has to perform in order to fulfil their intended goal.
- Creating information architecture site maps of the system. Making it easier for businesses to map out the key areas of the product wherein user activities can be clearly defined and performed.
- Utilising 2x2 Matrix approaches to help businesses define their solution priority list.
- Documenting, and creating low to high fidelity wireframes based on product requirements.
- Creating brand-centric microcopy (UX Writing) for user-facing touchpoints, with an emphasis on brevity, clarity and task-conversion.
- Creating mood boards to convey a rough vision for the product look and feel.
- Creating aesthetically pleasing visual designs based on wireframes.
- Documenting and creating UI pattern libraries to ensure UI consistency and module reusability throughout the system. Enhancing scalability whilst also helping to minimise business costs.
- Finalising and exporting assets in their various formats for handover to engineers.
- Generating guidelines to help engineers understand visual properties such as size, positioning, style, and motion.
- Creating brand/product guidelines. Helping clients establish a more unified/consistent cultural and technical language throughout their company, whilst better clarifying who they are to their audience.
- Creating animations and interactive prototypes based on user activity task flows to help demonstrate motion, feedback, state and context.
- User testing prototypes to validate the solution hypothesis and to ensure product requirements and usability expectations are being met.